Decks and patios don’t have to be barren and void. Yes, the wood looks nice, but dressing it up can make the difference. Here are just a few ways you may want to consider adding some decor to your deck:
1. Container garden. They are so easy to make and can be just as easy to maintain. Plant multiples of the same container or group varying sizes to perk up your patio with color.
Pack containers with showy, easy-care annuals that offer lush foliage and flowers all summer long.
2. Cushions. Add bright and cushy pillows to your furniture to give your deck style. Whether you add pillows to outdoor chairs or provide them for guests who prefer to lounge along the edge of the deck, they’ll help you reiterate your deck’s decorating scheme.
3. Add a rug. A rug can help define the space and help shape the perception of space. Use something with a design to help with the space definition.
4. Wall Art. Have a wall that is looking a little stale? Add a piece of wall art that will stimulate a conversation. Find something that reflects you and your space and you’ll get the party started in no time.
5. Dishware. Add some style and color with funky, colorful outdoor glassware and tableware that is unique. Bring attention to the table area and make it even more inviting with the place settings that say “welcome”